You may have seen certain webinars and videos on YouTube that center on senior living and elder care marketing. There is a good reason for this. YouTube is not just a place to post funny clips. It is an exceptional marketing tool that can help you market your facility or services to both seniors and their decision makers. Here are some ideas for using YouTube to effectively promote and market your elder care service.
- Have your own channel. Your channel is where you store and organize all your videos. Having a dedicated channel has the benefit of allowing viewers to subscribe to your videos. This will allow your target audience to be notified whenever you post a new marketing video.
- Make sure that your videos are useful. This should be automatic, but it is very important and worth mentioning. Your videos, whether geared toward the elderly or their decision makers, should present some sort of helpful information. They should fulfill some need for your audience.
- Optimize your videos. Just like you would utilize keywords in your website content and articles, you can optimize your YouTube videos. Whenever you upload a video, there will be a section to fill out the tags. Use tags just as you would use keywords. Choose tags that your audience will be searching for, such as phrases like generational marketing, marketing to seniors and strategic marketing.
- Talk up your videos. Make sure that you are sharing your videos whenever you can. Add links to your website homepage or to your blog. You can add your videos to your Facebook page, if your business has one, or tweet about them on Twitter. Videos are perfect for website welcome pages because they give viewers more information in a different form.
- Promote your elder care service. At the end of each video, include your website address, or some other way that viewers can learn more about your business. This is a great way to reach new clients. You may even want to include contact information in your video or in your channel profile.
YouTube has long been used to share funny and entertaining videos. Recently, it has also become an effective marketing tool for all types of businesses. Elder care businesses can definitely utilize this tool to reach new clients and also to share information. If you would like to create a You Tube video, please contact Focus on Aging.
Marla Levie, BSW, MA, President and Founder of Focus on Aging, has successfully been providing marketing consulting, social media and recruiting services to the elder care market and to other service-related professions in the Chicago area for over 20 years. Use the contact tab to email Marla for additional information about her services.